From local news coverage, Facebook/Twitter, and media submitted to Tau Beta Pi, it appears that there were more than 60 Tau Beta Pi Day events held this year to mark the once-in-a-lifetime Pi Day of 3.14.15 at 9:26.53. Below is a compilation of audio, images, and video that has already been published. More to follow soon!
The list of audio, images, and video as seen above:
1. A student from the University of Iowa, Iowa Beta Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, shows off his t-shirt.
2. Instagram post from _jenfo featuring a Tau Beta Pi pie.
3. Image from Russ Werneth, MD B ’64, of a Pi pie.
4. Ohio Iota Chapter members and advisor Robert Ward, OH I ’88, hand out pie on the campus of Ohio Northern University
5. Bill E. Josephson, AL A ’87, after being pied by an Auburn University student.
6. Students at San Diego State University at a Pi Day social work to break the Pi-nata (image from Riley Winship, CA X 2015)
7. Engineering Dean Lorenzo M. Smith, Ph.D. (MI Q ’91), participates in obstacle course organized by the California Upsilon Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, at Sac State University (CA)
8. A student from Wayne State University takes part in Pi Day bingo with the Michigan Epsilon Chapter of Tau Beta Pi.
9. The annual “Pies in the Skies” event at UC, San Diego, hosted by the California Psi Chapter of Tau Beta Pi.
10. On Pi Day, California Chi Chapter shines the bent monument on the campus of Cal State University, Fullerton.
11. The Great Smoky Mountain Alumni Chapter (TN) volunteers at the Maryville, TN, Second Harvest Food Bank.
12. The Research Triangle Alumni Chapter (NC) members gather for a group image after enjoying a pie social.
13. Seven-year-old Adriana Martin recites digits of Pi. She is the daughter of Tau Bate Stacy Martin (LA G ’05) and is currently the youngest person to recite 1000+ digits of Pi.