Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Sr. Tunnel Validation Engineer at CH2M HILL in Santa Ana, California
2. Assistant Professor of Mechatronics Engineering Tech. at Purdue University Calumet in Hammond, Indiana
3. Project Engineer with McCormick & Co. in Hunt Valley, Maryland
4. Cost Control Engineer with Hunt Construction Group in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5. Electrical Engineer posted by Express Employment Professionals SRG in Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Software Engineer – JAVA with Emirates Group IT in United Arab Emirates
7. Chemical Engineer – Paint Coatings posted by Martin Management, Inc., in Saint Paul, Minnesota
8. Lead Software Engineer with Publishing Services, LLC in Baltimore, Maryland
9. Quality Engineer – Aerospace from Strategic Recruiting Solutions in Madison, Wisconsin
The California Eta Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, at San Jose State University (SJSU), is hosting an industry tour with WRS Materials on Friday, April 17. “WRS Materials produces silicon wafers, a key component in the fabrication of integrated circuits and other micro-devices, and provides services related to the reclamation, oxidation, grinding and polishing of wafers. They are currently looking for material engineers but all disciplines are welcome on the tour.” You can RSVP for the event here, and please remember that dress is business casual. Visit the CA Eta Facebook page to learn more about the TBP chapter at SJSU.
On April 10, the Florida Alpha Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, at the University of Florida (UF), unveiled its new Bent monument on campus. The ceremony had been postponed for a year after the initial installation. Nicholas A. Bianco, FL A 2015, the chapter president and a mechanical engineering student at UF, said the monument will serve to recognize the collegiate chapter’s accomplishments. “We are a successful chapter that’s gone and done a lot of things, but at the same time not a lot of engineering students have heard of us,” Bianco said.
FL Alpha chief advisor and UF lecturer Michael W. Griffis, Ph.D. (FL A ’85), said the honors society has been working to get a new monument since he became faculty advisor in 2011. Read the article from the Alligator newspaper (FL) for more details or watch the video below.