Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Project Engineer / Manager at NLine Energy, Inc. in California
2. Sr. Staff FPGA Engineer with Siemens USA in Knoxville, Tennessee
3. Product Engineer with Magna International, Inc. in Holland, Michigan
4. Tenure Track Faculty Position in Space Policy & Law at the University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND)
5. Principal Linux Systems Administrator at Verizon in Branchburg, New Jersey
6. Maintenance Engineer with GE Transportation in Apodaca (Monterrey), Mexico
7. Plumbing / Fire Protection Engineer with Integrated Design Group Inc., in Boston, Massachusetts
8. Systems Engineer V at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California
9. Vehicle Controls Research Engineer with Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, Michigan
10. Security Analyst at GE Power & Water in Schenectady, New York
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and its president J. Robert Sims, TN B ’63, recently hosted the winners of the inaugural ASME Innovative Additive Manufacturing 3D (IAM3D) Challenge during a special reception at the Society’s New York Headquarters. In addition, the ASME staff unveiled the redecorated lobby of the ASME HQ building that “now incorporates several of the award-winning 3D-printed innovations from the final round of the IAM3D Challenge.”
Read the news announcement from ASME for more information, including details on the competition’s Best Overall Award, the FDM UAV, a 12-pound unmanned air vehicle that was designed by students from Purdue University and Brigham Young University to help farmers reliably monitor the condition of their crops over large areas.
There are currently 41 active Tau Beta Pi Alumni chapters. Most recently the Greater San Diego, CA, Alumni Chapter was approved and will be chartered soon. The full list of active an inactive alumni chapters can be found here. In addition, there is a Tau Beta Pi Alumni Events calendar where you can find upcoming and previous alumni events. Many times these gatherings include local collegiate chapters of Tau Beta Pi and are always open to any member of Tau Beta Pi, no matter your initiating chapter. To get active with a TBP Alumni Chapter, you can contact the chapter or our TBP Director of Alumni Affairs.