Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. System Administrator with Tau Beta Pi Association, Inc. in Knoxville, Tennessee
2. Vice President Facilities Engineering at COORS Healthcare Solutions in Reno, Nevada
3. Dashboard Software Test Engineer with Accenture Federal Services in San Antonio, Texas
4. Engineer II-VAS NOC with MTN-Uganda in Kampala, Uganda
5. Visiting Lecturer (Civil Engineering) at Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio
6. Parks & Public Works Director/ City Engineer with City of San Marino in San Marino, California
7. Electrical Design Engineer with Ameresco in Knoxville, Tennessee
8. Project Engineer at Lamp Rynearson and Associates in Kansas City, MO
The Duke University Cancer Institute recently announced that Kris C. Wood, Ph.D., (KY A ’02), will receive the 2015 Liz Tilberis Early Career Award from the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF). The award was “launched in 2000 to honor OCRF’s late president Liz Tilberis and is given to junior faculty demonstrating a strong commitment to an investigative career in ovarian cancer research.”
According to the article, Dr. Wood’s lab recently developed a pair of companion methods referred to as Oncopathway Profiling. “These methods enable us, for the first time, to rapidly and systematically identify the specific processes cancer cells use to overcome the toxicity of chemotherapies,” said Dr. Wood. “Our goal is to design new therapies that reverse these processes, synergistically enhancing chemotherapeutic efficacy.”
Tau Beta Pi has its own version of “Super Tuesday” on the first weekend on March as five of the Association’s Districts will be hosting their annual District conferences. There are opportunities for TBP alumni and family to attend these conferences and participate in certain activities. Click here for more information on how to take part in these regional gatherings. General information on each conference is posted below.
Manhattan, Kansas – District 9, hosted by the Kansas Gamma Chapter at Kansas State University (March 4-5).
Austin, Texas – District 10, hosted by the Texas Alpha Chapter at the University of Texas (March 4-5).
Portland, Oregon – District 14, hosted by the Oregon Gamma Chapter at the University of Portland (March 5-6).
Chico, California – District 15, hosted by the California Alpha Alpha Chapter at California State University, Chico (March 5-6).