Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Chief Engineer Military Product Engineering at MOOG in Buffalo, New York
2. Commodity Engineering Specialist at Siemens in Norcross, Georgia
3. Transportation Engineer with AECOM, in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4. Software Verification Engineer with Xilinx in Ireland
5. Full/ Associate Professor, Hydrologic Sciences at the University of Nevada, Reno
6. Equipment Engineering at Zosano Pharma Corp. in Fremont, California
7. Metallurgical Engineering Specialist at Alcoa in Knoxville, Tennessee
8. Regional Manager, Health, Safety, & Environment with Suzlon Powering A Greener Tomorrow in Chicago, Illinois
The American Association of Engineering Societies (AAES) has presented the 2016 National Engineering Award to Sarah A. Rajala, Ph.D. (MI B ’74), “for her outstanding leadership at the institutional as well as at national and international levels impacting multiple engineering societies, her innovations in engineering education and assessment, and her tireless efforts to promote diversity in engineering.”
Dr. Rajala is currently dean of engineering at Iowa State University and past president of ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education).
On May 20, several graduating seniors of the 2016 senior class at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute were recognized with awards. The Livingston W. Houston Citizenship Award “honoring the ‘first citizen of the college,’ ranking high in character, leadership, scholarship, and athletic ability, was awarded this year to co-recipients Amanda Lynch, NY G 2015, and Nicholas Dvorak, NY G 2016. Read the article.
Lynch will graduate with a bachelor’s in biomedical engineering and a master’s in management. She was a two-sport athlete (basketball and lacrosse) and was All-Liberty League as a senior when she also became the first women’s basketball student-athlete in school history to earn National Academic All-America honors.
Dvorak is a chemical engineering major and served as the 126th president of the Union. He is a member of the throws team for varsity track and field and earned the national Frank J. Ruck Award for Leadership as vice president of finance and risk manager for Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity.