Tau Beta Pi student members and Association Officials have decided on the locations for the 2017 District Conferences. Each of TBP’s 16 districts will host a conference in the spring of 2017 to provide retiring and new officers opportunities to improve chapter operations and socialize.
Chapters are urged to elect new officers before their district conference. New and outgoing officers are both encouraged to attend. The Association’s District Directors will put together the agenda and work with the collegiate chapter hosts to finalize a schedule.
Tau Beta Pi would like to share information on a donation page to start a scholarship in the name of Josué Junior Romulus. Josué passed away in 2015 from complications of sickle cell disease at the age of 23. At the time, he was serving as an ordained Deacon at a church in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, and was Florida Epsilon Chapter president of Tau Beta Pi.
He was scheduled to graduate with a degree in computer engineering from Florida Atlantic University (FAU). His aspirations included securing a Ph.D. in computer engineering and forensic science and becoming an FBI agent. Please visit the donation page for more information on the endowed scholarship at FAU and on Josué’s life as an inspiration and role model to all that knew him.
Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Sr Manufacturing Engineer at Abbott in Temecula, California
2. C2S Outreach Technical Engineer with General Dynamics in Herndon, Virginia
3. Sr Associate Big Data Software Engineer at KPMG in Knoxville, Tennessee
4. Powertrain Engineer with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in Auburn Hills, Michigan
5. Faculty Positions, Materials Science & Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
6. Lead Wind & Site Engineer from Spencer Ogden in Asia
7. Plant Coordinator (Chemical Engineer) at Cosmocel in Dallas, Texas
8. Biomedical Engineer with Decypher in Bethesda, Maryland
9. Open Rank Faculty, Dept. of Mechanical Science & Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign