Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Process Engineer at Enviva in Raleigh, North Carolina
2. Electrical Engineer with Planate Management Group in Palo Alto, California
3. President at Oakland University in Detroit, Michigan
4. Manager | QA Engineering with Raytheon in McKinney, Texas
5. Lean Manufacturing Specialist, Cast Products at Alcoa Corp., in Knoxville, Tennessee
6. Logistics Engineer Associate at CSRA in Kuwait
7. Engineer 3 – Paint Engineering with Nissan Motor Corp., in Canton, Mississippi
8. Software Engineer at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland
9. City of Dallas Engineer in Texas
Yale University has announced that current Dean of the School of Engineering & Applied Science Kyle Vanderlick, Ph.D. (NY G ’81), will return to full-time teaching and research at the conclusion of her current term as dean ending December 31, 2017. Dr. Vanderlick has served as dean since 2007. Read the news announcement for more biographical details.
Yale President Peter Salovey had this to say about her efforts: “Kyle has brought to life on our campus the ‘cool’ nature of engineering,” said Salovey. “Interest and enrollment in Yale’s engineering programs has skyrocketed, and student groups centered on engineering now abound – including the national engineering honor society Tau Beta Pi and a chapter of the Society of Women Engineers, both launched in recent years. Her energy and creativity are reflected in every facet of the vibrant school she has shaped and shepherded these past 10 years.”
Craig T. Burda, PA L ’85, is the recipient of the 2017 ECHO (Environment, Community, Humanity, Ownership) Award “for his sustained efforts to effectively implement the law.” Burda is a mining engineer with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. This is the fifth ECHO Award given out by the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE).
According to the press release, Burda “has dedicated himself to protecting people and the environment against the ongoing threat of acid mine drainage coming from permitted coal waste facilities.” Also, WPMT Fox43 (PA) has video coverage of Burda receiving his award.