Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Ergonomic Engineer at Continental Carbonic Products, Inc. in Loudon, Tennessee
2. Associate Director, National Toxicology Program with NIEHS/NIH in Research Triangle, North Carolina
3. Tenured Faculty in Engineering and Policy at Arizona State University in Phoenix
4. Technical Support Engineer – Vascular with GE Healthcare in multiple U.S. locations
5. Engineering – Electrical Engineer at Procter & Gamble in Lima, Ohio
6. Embedded Software Engineer posted by Recruiting in Motion in Vaughn, Ontario (Canada)
7. Software Engineering Intern with L3, in Plano, Texas
8. Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Raj M. Manglik, Ph.D. (OH B ’76), has received the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Heat Transfer Memorial Award. Dr. Manglik is a professor of mechanical engineering at the University of Cincinnati. He was honored “for pioneering and seminal advancement of the science and engineering of interfacial transport phenomena, boiling, thermal processing of non-Newtonian media, enhanced heat transfer, and micro-scale compact heat exchangers, leading to transformative contributions to the archival literature as well as engineering design practice.”
In addition, Dr. Magnlik serves as Director of the UC Thermal-Fluids & Thermal Processing Laboratory. Click here to read the news announcement.
Tau Beta Pi is pleased to announce the upcoming installation of the Association’s 246th collegiate chapter at BYU-Idaho in Rexburg on Saturday, March 4. Events are planned to take place in the Science and Technology Center and the Manwaring Center on campus. Parking is free on weekends. The tentative schedule is as follows:
Initiation of new members at 3:00 p.m. (STC 361)
Installation immediately following initiation at 4:00 p.m. (STC 361)
Banquet at 5:00 p.m. (MC 387)
The cost of the banquet is $15 per person. Attire for all events is business formal. This will be an excellent opportunity to meet fellow Tau Bates in the area and welcome new members to the Association. Please keep in mind that the initiation ceremony is closed to members only, and we ask that you arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. to attend initiation. If you plan to attend, register by Wednesday, February 22.