Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Sr. Software Engineer for Cloud Applications & Services at Autodesk in Boston, Massachusetts
2. Planning Engineer with Tesoro Corporation in Los Angeles, California
3. Power Delivery Engineer at ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc., in Raleigh, North Carolina
4. Assistant Professor of Electrical Energy Engineering at Keimyung University in Korea
5. Flight Test Engineer at Epic Aircraft LLC in Bend, Oregon
6. Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering with Google in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7. Production Engineer at JTEKT in Vonore, Tennessee
8. Systems Engineering at Moog in East Aurora, New York
President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana has appointed John Ofori-Tenkorang, DSc (MA B ’89), as the Director-General of the Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT). Dr. Ofori-Tenkorang has been working in the office of H.E. Dr. Alhaji Mahamudu Bawumia since 2014 as technical advisor. Read the news announcement for more information on the investment banker, engineer, and academic Dr. Ofori-Tenkorang.
He attended MIT where he earned a bachelor’s, master’s, and doctor of science in electrical engineering and computer science. He spent several years as an instructor at MIT where he also developed novel electric motors and propulsion systems for modern electric vehicles.
Hannah Cooling, CO A ’13, won the Rock ‘N’ Roll New Orleans Marathon in March. Cooling’s efforts were profiled by her alma mater the Colorado School of Mines where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and was a member of the cross country team. She is a previous CO Alpha Chapter president and TBP Scholar.
Cooling now works as an engineer for ExxonMobil. According to the article, her training was interrupted due to long hours at work because one of the refinery processing units was taken off-line. Her perseverance and success has motivated her to set sights on running the California International Marathon in December 2017 with hopes to qualify for the Olympic Trials.