Here is a list of current job opportunities:
1. Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology at The University of Akron in Ohio
2. Senior Materials Engineer with Brock USA in Boulder, Colorado
3. Dean of College of Engineering & Natural Sciences at the University of Tennessee Martin
4. Engineering Intern – Summer 2018 with Arrivo in Los Angeles, California
5. Assistant Professor, Manufacturing Engineering Technology at The University of Akron in Ohio
6. Environmental Scientist/ Engineer with Watts Architecture & Engineering in New York, NY
7. Product Development Engineer at FANUC in Rochester Hills, Michigan
8. Aero & Astro Faculty Position at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA
9. Engineers (civil engineering) with Alta Planning + Design in various locations, including Atlanta, Georgia
10. Engineering Manager at Johns Manville in Etowah, Tennessee
Senior undergraduate students in accredited civil engineering programs, or related fields, may apply for the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) Senior Undergraduate Scholarship by March 30, 2018. Scholarships will be awarded for the 2018/2019 school year and have ranged from $5,000 to $10,000 in recent years. Click here for the application.
The most recent ASDSO Undergraduate Scholar is Travis A. Shoemaker, PA E 2018, from Lafayette College. He is majoring in civil & environmental engineering, is a 2017 TBP Scribner Scholar, and vice president of the PA Epsilon chapter of Tau Beta Pi. Read more about Travis Shoemaker.
On Tuesday, December 14, the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) is hosting a webinar on the OSHA letter related to the fall protection training issues deals with the topic of competent person versus qualified person. One of the scheduled speakers for the webinar is John W. Mroszczyk, Ph.D., P.E. (MA H ’77), president and engineer at Northeast Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Dr. Mroszczyk has 35 years of engineering experience and “chairs the ANSI/ASSE Z490 Committee and will speak to the overall training issue since Z490.1 is noted in the recent OSHA Letter.” In 1995, he received the Safety Professional of the Year award by the Engineering Practice Specialty of ASSE. In 2004, he received the Safety Professional of the Year award by the Boston Chapter of ASSE. Visit the ASSE webinar event web page for more details on how to register for the session.